Statement of faith

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV)

"The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with his Word.
- Warren


Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Quiet-Time Reflections

Week of March 6, 2023                                                                                                                                  By Pam Crawford

"And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me."                                - Jeremiah 32:40

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. - John 10:10                                                                                

GOD'S PROMISE AND THE ENEMY'S PLAN TO DESTROY                                                                  

    One might be asking what is going on in this world in 2023? It's only March however it certainly feels as if the heat has been turned up on America. It is my personal opinion that the plans of our enemy to destroy are coming into full view. From the Covid 19 Pandemic, to the ongoing disasters, the increased violence, relational division, sexual depravity, along with the daily challenges which seem to be occurring one after the other these days. You cannot help but to feel the shaking. 

    Lately, when I hear of new disasters or when I hear people lamenting over how hard it's getting I tend to think to myself, "what do we expect?" For me the answer is simple. You cannot remove GOD from the public square and then expect Him to be there when life gets challenging.  In America, as far back as the early 1960's, there has been a portion of the population insisting that God get out of their business and off their land. Unfortunately the end goal of some in opposition to Christianity is to remove it from America all together. The beginning of persecution towards Christians has now reached our shores and the consequences of inaction is upon us. 

    What happened to bring about this change? Well, it appears that many professed Christians preferred blending the GOD of the Holy Bible with other foreign gods; sometimes gods of their own making. For the sake of time, and a better understanding of the dangers within this statement, I will encourage you to make time to listen to the attached video teaching by Israel Wayne. I found it very informative as I considered this syncing of different religions and doctrines within our country and the consequences for it. 

Syncretism                                                                                                                                              https://youtu.be/fMzPh7O5FyM

    Forgive me, but I am going to be very blunt here. China and Russia are not the real enemy of America. Our enemy has a name and it is Satan, sometimes known as the devil or Lucifer.  Because he is a fallen angel of the LORD, he knows that his time is getting shorter and that is evident within the war on GOD'S elect. That war appears to be escalating to new levels. Satan's plans are now on full display for those with ears willing to hear, and eyes willing to see. You really can't miss his deceptive nature as it's being exposed daily if you're awake. 

    Make no mistake. We the people, like the people in the days of ancient Israel are reaping the consequences of many years of disobedience and defiance of GOD. 

"My people have turned their backs on me and have refused to return. Even though I diligently taught them, they would not receive instruction or obey." -Jeremiah 32:33

    America is definitely on a slippery slope, but my greatest concern is within the people who profess a belief in Jesus Christ, yet are choosing to tolerate sin against Him. Today many believe that they can keep a foot in the world and still survive eternal destruction. The Word clearly teaches that we cannot serve two masters [Matthew 6:24]. 

    Sisters/brothers, it's high time we lay down the excuses for disobedience. It's time we lay down those  "I'm so busy" badges of honor which we wear so proudly. Instead, how about we fight back against the enemy of our families, our friends, our workplaces, our churches and our souls? May I remind you that we are not called to conform to the patterns of this world. No, we are called to be transformed by the renewing of our minds daily [Romans 12:1]. This will not happen without repentance [turning from] "our way" in order to align to the instructions of God's Holy Word and His way. This can lead to the healing of our land!  

    I don't know about you, but I want that so much for future generations. However, if I am to be honest, I am a bit fearful that there may be no turning back from here. But God!!! I personally plan to hold onto the hope of GOD intervening again. I plan to pray daily for a rebirth of Christianity on this land. I will be asking God to once again open the hearts of the blind and the hearts of His children. To draw us in ways that influence others to love others and welcome Him back to America. 

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."    - 2 Chronicles 7:14

"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"    - Mark 1:1

    For a time such as ours it is imperative that we also take back the responsibility to teach future generations the ways of GOD, our Creator and Heavenly Father.  Children will need this if they are to remain on a firm foundation in a world that is constantly and rapidly shifting. Not to mention that the responsibility of educating the children is a direct command from the LORD. 

"These are the commands, decrees and laws the LORD your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear [respect, reverence, honor] the LORD your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the LORD, the God of your ancestors promised you. Hear O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give today are to be on your hearts. Impress [teach] them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door-frames of your houses and your gates." - Deuteronomy 6:6-9

    So, what can we do moving forward to honor GOD instead of disrespecting His authority as Creator of all things. First, we confess personal and corporate sin against GOD and we acknowledge our wicked ways against Him. Let's not minimize sin because according to the Word, all sin is sin! Then, we determine in our hearts not to repeat sin. We humble ourselves. We acknowledge our wicked ways and we pray for the darkness to be defeated in our lifetime. 

"You shall have no other gods before me."                                                                                                   - Exodus 20        

In Christ by faith,                                                                                                                                        Pam                                                                                                                                                            

God Turn It Around                                                                                                                                          https://youtu.be/Ndb7kein1Es

©2014 Getting The Word Out. Used by Permission.                                                                                                                            Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Getting The Word Out. Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By Pam Crawford. ©2014 Getting The Word Out. Website: pmcrawford.blogspot.com





 

No comments: