Statement of faith

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV)

"The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with his Word.
- Warren


Monday, September 17, 2012

Quiet-Time Reflections

Print
Week of: Sept. 17, 2012                                     pmcrawford@gmail.com
Sharing by: Pam Crawford

2 Chronicles 7:14 -“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land.”

WAR AND PEACE
When I decided to engage in the social network Facebook, I imagined it to be a great resource for encouraging others in life and in faith. Because I am a people person, I saw it as a great opportunity to better connect or in some cases reconnect with those I had lost touch with over the years. I love seeing the family photos and special event postings. I also love that I can share special moments via this avenue too. It is also a place where I can do some work for God. Overall being a part of the Facebook community has been a pleasurable experience; but I have to tell you, I was not prepared for the war zone that it can also be.

Personally, I get on the site for the primary purpose of encouraging others and to be encouraged by others. I realize that not everyone shares my views and that’s ok. But what is not ok is the mentality that we have the right to say anything we want without regard to whether or not someone else might be hurt by our words. The rants, the arguments, the fowl language and personal attacks are a real disappointment.

Friends, this is an election year full of many different views and opinions here in America and they’re all over the social network sites. I thought it might be a good opportunity to give some forewarning. Although we all have the right to post our own beliefs, we don’t have the right to be hateful toward one another. I will also throw a caution to the believers who post the “I Support _____” statements. Many of these statements clearly violate what is written in the Word of God; so I encourage you to be careful as it is written that we will answer for that of which we believe.  

I think it would be wise to consider the value of protecting our relationships too. We might determine ahead of time to respect one another’s viewpoint; whether it be the choice for President of the United States or a local community levy. Agreeing to disagree may inevitably ward off the enemy’s plan to “kill, steal, and destroy” (John 10:10) that of which was intended for good. If you have something to say, debate it directly to the other person privately. On FB you can do this through private messaging. You don’t have to post it on the wall so that everyone and their brother can view it. Let’s not help Satan in his efforts to destroy and separate people especially children of the Most High. If you’re tempted to lash out, consider that silence might be the better option.

Matthew 5:9 - “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”

As a Christian American I am more concerned with the moral fabric of this nation over the economic crisis at hand. I am not fearful of what I absolutely have no control over. I must work to make wise decisions and I am called to do well with what I have been given. Beyond that I must trust in the One who sees the bigger picture. What I can control is my obedience to what I have discovered in the Word of God while I wait for God to bring about His plan and purpose for this world and His people.

It is my opinion that we are currently reaping the consequences of a self-entitlement mentality that so many of us have adopted. Our country operates very differently than that of our forefathers and mothers. We have discarded much of what this country was founded upon and if we continue on this path we should not expect to get out of this mess anytime soon. We cannot live in direct rebellion and expect blessings. You only need to look at the history of the people of Israel to see how disobedience worked out for them.

People of faith, we have a responsibility to do a better job at defending the family unit, taking care of those in need, and protecting the unborn. We are also responsible for managing our finances correctly and planning for our future through prayer, wisdom and proper discernment. We cannot continue to spend and ignore the commands of God and expect it to go well. In this country we have been given much and to squander and disrespect the blessings, would be a foolish choice. When we’re tempted to place blame we may need to look within. How well are we aligning with God?

On November 6, 2012 we have a responsibility and a privilege in this country that many others only dream of. We have the opportunity to vote for leaders who share in our moral concern for this nation. I know it’s easy to fall for the words and promises of a charismatic spokesman, but do not be deceived, check out the facts! Get as much information on the people running for office or the issues at hand and check it against that of which you value. Pray and ask God to help you discern wisely. An election involves research; you have to know what is before you in order to make a decision that your conscience can rest in.

John 8:47a“Anyone whose Father is God listens gladly to the words of God.”
 
It is my prayer that God will not remove His hand of mercy and compassion on America.Will you join me in this prayer? Let’s pray that God will give us more time to repent of our personal and corporate sins and that He would help us turn from our wicked ways to receive the blessing over the curse that He so clearly warns of in His Word.

It is time to wake up America, wake up friends! Don’t stay home this year, please get to the polls.Your voice does matter and it is time to choose wisely. We must have a leader who will respect God and one that will seek guidance from Him. We need a leader who values the family as God designed it. We need a leader that will work to protect the people and our Constitution. We need a leader who understands the value of courage. You only need to look at history to see what happens when ungodly people lead. Choose wisely as the future of our children and Christianity is at stake. Be blessed.

In Christ by grace,
Pam

Want to go deeper?  Read Matthew 10:28-32

Check out this article.
Go Against The World’s Opinion

“We will never succeed as over comers without carrying in our spirits the war cry of God. We must stop resisting the call to prayer; we must embrace the reality of spiritual warfare; and we must fight with the weapons of warfare that God has given us, both for our own progress and also on behalf of those we love.”- Frangipane

No comments: