Statement of faith

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV)

"The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with his Word.
- Warren


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Quiet-Time Reflections

Print
Week of: May 14, 2012                              pmcrawford1@gmail.com
Sharing by: Pam Crawford

Matthew 18:1-4
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like the child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

A PROPER ASSESSMENT
Last week I shared a writing titled True Identity. I hope you had an opportunity to read it. I told you that I would be sharing a poem that I wrote during my own personal season of exfoliating. This was actually written as a response to some lies that Satan was trying to feed me during a brief season of bewilderment.

I will never forget being in front of the TV watching a particular talent show. I was reflecting on the amazing talent the people had. Without thinking, and with a definite spirit of self-pity and self-condemnation, I blurted out the following words to my husband. I muttered, “Oh my God, I have NO talent!” 

For just a moment, imagine the atmosphere. For a brief moment there was silence and then my sympathetic husband responded, “Oh my, is God going to deal with that statement!”  His face reflected a sense of “Whoa, are you going to get it!” Then in his empathetic manner he challenged me with this question. It went something like; “when are you really going to embrace the personal aspect of talent?”  Now please refrain from judging me in my cocky response. I can assure you that since then I have learned a valuable lesson about comparing myself to others; but not before I uttered back, “When I have some!”

It shouldn't surprise you that I didn’t get much rest that night. In fact, God had me up at several different intervals throughout that night. There were internal conversations that alluded to the fact that I know better. I remember thinking “how many times am I going to continue to go around this insecurity mountain?” God gently reminded me that I was created for so much more. The following morning as I was drying my hair in my bathroom the light bulb went on.

It is my prayer that in some small way this Poem I wrote might bless anyone out there who may struggle with identifying the "real you". Comparing ourselves to others is really a waste of valuable energy. Let's agree to stop it and be blessed.

                                                    IDENTITY
                                                 By Pam Crawford

I have never played an instrument; I can not hold a note.
My fashion sense is questionable, and my craftiness a joke.
I am not an artist, the canvas I can’t blend.
When I’ve tried to be an athlete, the bench became my friend.

Cooking doesn't excite me, and baking it’s a chore.
If I didn’t know any better, I might label myself a bore.

Our gifts they all are different, no two people are the same.
When God reveals our purpose, we begin to see the plain.
We might not be that glamorous, we might not stand out bold.
But when this life is over, there is something to be told.

We all have a story, a definite role.
Did we love, did we serve, and did we give it our all?
Our imperfections are many, we deserve not a thing.
But when we become obedient, we’re connected to the King.

Seeing ourselves as God does is the key to everything.
It helps us gain perspective on that of which we cannot see.
In the eyes of our Creator we’re a treasure yes indeed.
We’re beautiful; we matter, despite whether we agree.

When this life is over our earthly talents will fade.
It will not be about what we did, it will be about what we gave.
Did we know how to love, did we serve when we could.
Did we step into the role that we knew we should?

With each new day there are opportunities galore.
The challenge for us is to step through the right door.
It might not be through music, it might not be through art,
But when we’re willing, we can touch others from the heart.

You are beautiful.
You matter.
You have value.
You were created for a purpose.
God loves you and you are His princess.

Will you let this in?   

In Christ by grace,
Pam

More Beautiful You by Johnny Diaz

EXPLORE DEEPER:
You’re a Masterpiece in the Making by Chip Ingram


















No comments: