Statement of faith

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV)

"The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with his Word.
- Warren


Monday, February 13, 2012

Quiet-Time Reflections

Print
Week of: Feb. 13, 2012                                  pmcrawford1@gmail.com
Sharing by: Pam Crawford


I came across the following devotion just after I pressed “publish post” on my last Blog writing. No coincidence I’m sure. That writing was about my manila file folder lesson and things I cannot understand.  If you missed reading that one, consider going back before reading on. I believe the following words of Joel and Victoria Osteen might help us expound on trusting God in our disappointments. I don’t always agree with everything they put in print, but this one aligns to what I desire to share forward. Our disappointments do not have to hold us in bondage. I am personally working to get free in order to experience God’s very best. Be blessed. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.

In Christ by grace,
Pam

He Has another
Seed for You


TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...For God has appointed another seed for me...”
(Genesis 4:25, NKJV)


TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

In Genesis, Eve went through a great disappointment. Her son Cain killed her son Able, the first murder in the Bible. I’m sure Eve, like any mother, was devastated and heartbroken at the passing of her son. But I love what Eve said in Genesis 4:25, “God has appointed another seed for me.” In essence, she was saying, “I don’t understand it. It doesn’t make sense, but I trust God. This is not the end. He has appointed another seed.”
Friend, when you go through things that you don’t understand, it is not the end. Nothing is lost in the kingdom. God is going to appoint another seed, and that seed represents the future. It indicates what is coming. If you will let go of what didn’t work out, let go of the hurts and pains, then for everything you’ve lost, God will appoint another seed. You’ll give birth to more in the future than you lost in the past. Keep praying, keep believing, keep hoping because God is for you. Trust Him and embrace the good things He has in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, You are the giver of all life! You give life to my dreams, life to my relationships, and life to my mortal body. Today I choose to release the past and embrace the gift of life You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

No comments: