Statement of faith

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV)

"The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with his Word.
- Warren


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Quiet-Time Reflections

Print
Week of: December 5, 2011                                            pmcrawford1@gmail.com
Sharing by: Pam Crawford


Genesis 1:1
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”

John 1:1
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was God in the beginning.”

Isaiah 9:6
“For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.

John 3:16-17
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”

John 10:30
“The Father and I are one.”


THE BABY CHANGES EVERYTHING
Something is very different this year. Do you feel it?  I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I’m sensing a stirring in the hearts of God’s people. With our world and so many families in turmoil, could it be that God might be attempting to remind us of who He is? As we prepare to celebrate a Christian tradition, “Christmas,” I would ask that we take some time to fix our eyes upon the baby.

For over 2000 + years there has been conflict and confusion over this gift of a baby. Some have chosen to embrace the gift and celebrate it, while others choose to reject it. Then there are those who decide it’s just not for them right now, so they just choose to ignore its value. Occasionally they will consider the gift, but unwrap it; well that might be too costly. I say this with a tender spirit, the cost of rejecting the gift will cost more than I imagine one would be willing to pay if one grasped the true value.

Could it be that we really do not understand that it was GOD himself who entered humanity? Are we missing that it was GOD who took on flesh to walk among us for the purpose of saving us from eternal destruction? Are we missing that it was the flesh of GOD himself that hung on the cross at Calvary? Have we overlooked that the rejection of Jesus (GOD in the flesh) leads to eternal destruction? Do we care? With all due respect, we better care!

John 3:18-21
“Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

God’s Word, His breathed instruction “useful for teaching, rebuking and correcting” (2 Timothy 3:16) illustrates for us the existence, identity and power of God. It would be suicide to continue on the path our nation is taking leaving God out.  As one who has embraced the gift, I encourage you to open the Gospel of John and rest within it. Bookmark chapter 14 verse 6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is. From now on you know him and have seen him!”

Life’s Application Commentary:
Some people argue that this way is too narrow. In reality, it is wide enough for the whole world, if the world chooses to accept it. Instead of worrying about how limited it sounds to have only one way, we should be saying “Thank you, God, for providing a sure way to get to you!”

This Christmas I am praying for a “revival” in the hearts of mankind. We have been quiet for way too long! I am praying that many would have their eyes opened to the truth of the Gospels. I’m praying that many would rise up to protect the identity of the Christ-child. I would be excited for you to join me in praying for our nation and its people. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Today's prayer:
Father, I praise you and desire to show you gratitude for your selfless act of leaving the heavens to come to this earth to make a way for sinners to be rescued. Forgive me for how long it has taken me to find the value in what you willingly did for myself and all mankind. Thank you for the gift of grace, mercy and forgiveness. I am not worthy, but your birth, death and resurrection changed all that. Today I offer a sacrifice of praise. I acknowledge that you are the "only way" and I celebrate You. May many hearts find refuge in you. I lift up all those who deny Your Name. 


 HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!


In Christ by grace,
Pam

No comments: