Statement of faith

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV)

"The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with his Word.
- Warren


Monday, November 14, 2011

Quiet-Time Reflections

Print
Week of: November 14, 2011                                  pmcrawford1@gmail.com
Sharing by: Pam Crawford


We would be wise to never underestimate God’s power to speak to us through various different types of resources. As I shared with you last week, I needed a good time-out.  Because I was willing to recognize and heed to this, I believe I have received several unexpected blessings. One in particular came as I read the devotion below. My ears perked up as I honed in on the warning found within this writing. I know it is no coincidence that I took this in as I am working to get “filled back up” in order to serve God to the best of my ability. As I continue my break this week, I pray this might be a blessing to those of you with a heart to help others. Sometimes it is that very tender heart that will experience trauma if we’re not careful to attend to it.


“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” (Matthew 5:6, NIV
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria Osteen                              
"Sometimes, it’s easy to get wrapped up in taking care of the people around us. You may find that you’re always giving, taking care of the children, working overtime at the office, or helping that friend who is struggling. And that’s all good. But if you’re not careful, you can end up feeling rundown. That’s why you have to take time every day to get filled back up. Your first priority should be taking care of yourself and making time to get into the presence of Jesus.
Throughout scripture, we see that in God’s presence there is fullness of joy, fullness of peace, and fullness of victory. In His presence, you’re refreshed and restored. That’s why it’s so important to take time every day to read your Bible and meditate on His promises. We have to be diligent to have that quiet time with Him.
Today, take time to get alone with God and just say, “God, I love You today. Thank You for my life, for my family, for the opportunities You’ve given me. Lord, I know every good thing comes from You.” When you live like that, with your heart connected to His, you’ll be refreshed, restored, reenergized and filled up for the journey of life!"
OK, off to get filled. Have a beautiful week ahead.


"Taking care of yourself is not selfish, it's wisdom." - Joyce Meyer
Additional Scripture References:  James 4:7-10, Isaiah 55: 6-7, Romans 8:6-8.

Book Suggestion: A Place of Quiet Rest: by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

No comments: