Statement of faith

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV)

"The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with his Word.
- Warren


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quiet-Time Reflections

Print
Week of: Sept. 26, 2011                        www.pmcrawford.blogspot.com
Sharing by: Pam Crawford


                                             PHILIPPIANS 4:8
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

A POSITIVE SPIN
So what do you do about the things that are not? A young man from my church opened my eyes this past weekend. In our church service he shared with us that "tomorrow he would be embarking upon 40 days of chemo and radiation treatments." This is the same man who shared with our congregation his battle with MS not too long ago. When he began to speak, my natural response was pity. How much can one person handle? How much should a family have to endure?

Something was different about this young man's testimony. There was no self pity, no negativity, and no loss of hope. In fact he taught me a huge lesson that day which came in handy as I found myself surrounded by  some negativity today.  I remembered the words of this young man. He said "he was looking forward" to what God had planned for his life through this experience. Can you imagine? He went onto help us understand his faith and he didn't cover up his fears. But something stood out to me. He was not bitter and he had hope. He expressed that no matter what happens, he wins! I just stood in awe of his testimony.

You see my friends, David knows God personally and he has experienced his sovereignty. He knows that God loves him. He knows that God is in control. He knows that God will not abandon or forsake him. He knows that God will provide. He knows that God will comfort and support him and his family every step of the way. He knows God will carry him when He has no strength of his own. And, he wanted us to know that no matter what happens, whether God chooses to heal him physically this side of heaven or take him home, he wins!

When I got home, I stood before a picture that I have hanging in my home titled "Living Life." It reminds me to recognize the special people you have been blessed to know. Although I do not know this young man or his family personally, I have been touched and blessed by his courage and what he shared that day. I desire to learn to emulate his confidence in His Creator and Savior. I want to never forget his example. David led praise and worship on this day. He challenged us to celebrate life no matter what we face, because we don't face it alone.  Jehovah Rapha ~ The God who heals is with us every step of the way.  If you have a moment would you please stop and pray for David and his family. God knows exactly who you will be praying for.

LIVING LIFE
Life is not a race - but indeed a journey. Be honest. Work hard. Be choosy. Say "thank you," "I love you," and "great job" to someone each day. Go to church, take time for prayer. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. Let your handshake mean more than pen and paper. Love your life and what you've been given, it is not accidental - search for your purpose and do it as best you can. Dreaming does matter. It allows you to become that which you aspire to be. Laugh often. Appreciate the little things in life and enjoy them. Some of the best things really are free. Do not worry, less wrinkles are more becoming. Forgive, it frees the soul. Take time for yourself - plan for longevity. Recognize the special people you've been blessed to know. Live for today, enjoy the moment. - Bonnie L. Mohr

Thank you Aunt Peggy for this picture reminder. Thank you God for the following:

John 14:6
"Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."


Psalm 23:4
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and staff, they comfort me."

John 14:1-4
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You will know the way to the place where I am going."


Life's Application Commentary:
Jesus' words show that the way to eternal life, though unseen, is secure - as secure as your trust in Jesus. He has already prepared the way to eternal life. The only issue that may still be unsettled is your willingness to believe.

Have a blessed week ahead.
In Christ by grace,
Pam








1 comment:

Shelby Spear said...

Great post, Pam. And thank you, David, for a dose of inspiration I have already embedded permanently within my heart. Amazing.