Statement of faith

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (NIV)

"The Spirit of God uses the Word of God to make us like the Son of God. To become like Jesus, we must fill our lives with his Word.
- Warren


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Quiet Time Reflections

Print
Week of July 4, 2011                                       pmcrawford1@gmail.com
Sharing by: Pam Crawford

Ephesians 3:17-19
“So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”  (NIV)

OUT OF THE BOX
Through Peter we learn that the Word is truly inspired by God Himself.  He used the prophets to write what He taught so that future generations could also benefit from His teachings.  Because of this knowledge, it will be most important that we not only hear it, but that we put it into action and obey it.  If you’ve been reading for any length of time, I have shared that I came to a point in my life where I desired to know more about what I claimed to believe in.  I was no longer content just listening in a church environment; I had become restless and bored, not because they weren’t teaching; but because I was taking no responsibility to question what I did not fully understand.  I never stepped out of my comfort or obligation zone to do anything about it. Frankly, I was content with leaving God in his Sunday morning box.  God eventually got my attention and corrected my thinking.  I had to make the effort to not only listen to His Word, but I had to go one step further and study it, ask questions, and research it.  I had to let God himself show me the error of my way.  In essence, none of this was possible until I had my eyes opened and my ears cleaned out.  Once I concluded that my belief was in God and that His Word was true; I could no longer overlook some of the things that had clouded my personal relationship with Him.

Figuratively speaking, I had to undergo a type of heart transplant.  Honestly, it continues every time I discover something new in God’s Word.  It’s a painful and life-long recovery,
but if you ask anyone who has literally received a heart transplant, they would never tell you they’d rather continue in life with the old one.  The new one brings them great hope in their quality of life. Knowledge of the Bible does the same thing.  Applying what you discover will offer you great hope in ending your journey better than you began it.  I pray that you will respond to the tugging by God on your heartstrings.  If you have never opened a Bible before please do it today.  If you are at a place that you need to rediscover God, please do it today. If you are someone who knows your Bible well, there is always more we can learn and review, please do it today.  The Lord instructs us in His Word to never stop learning and today just might be “the day.” 

Wherever you may be in your personal walk with God at this point, I encourage you to open your Bible to the Book of Ephesians and read or re-read chapters 2 and 3.  Please be open to what He has to teach you through it.  Listen attentively and let God soften your heart if need be.  I have a feeling you won’t regret putting in the time.  Our God is an awesome God and He is yours to claim today.  As believers you are His heirs and He has so much in store for you.  His plans are perfect and they are not to harm you, but to prosper you through faith.

Ephesians 3:17
“Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.” (NLT)

 Melanie Chitwood a writer for Proverbs 31 shares the following lesson that I found worth sharing.

HIS PLAN IS TO LOVE YOU
“I find it just absolutely amazing that Jesus came to earth for one reason – He loves you.  When He took off His crown in heaven, He was thinking about you with love.  When He left His home in Heaven, He was thinking of you with love.  When He journeyed to earth, He was thinking about you with love.  When He looked ahead to how His years on earth would end, He was thinking of you.  He loves you.  There is only one place here on earth where Jesus can find a home – in your heart.”

Dear readers, did you hear it!  He wants to live in your heart – how awesome is that!

If you haven’t done so already – take the leap of faith today!   Plan to spend time with Jesus every day. Join a Bible study group and let others fellowship with you on your journey.  If you are not part of a local church family, please understand that God does not want us to live as isolated Christians.  Visit a Bible believing church this week and commit yourself to a church family and become involved.  Let’s put away the excuses and move forward today – You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me. 

Commentary – Life’s Application Study Bible
Jesus says He is the only way to God the Father.  Some people may argue that this way is too narrow.  In reality, it is wide enough for the world, if the world chooses to accept it.  Instead of worrying about how limited it sounds to have only one way, we should be saying, “Thank you, God, for providing a sure way to get to you!”   As the way, Jesus is our path to the Father.  As the truth, he is the reality of all God’s promises.  As the life, he joins his divine life to ours, both now and eternally.

Additional scripture reading:   1 John 3:1, Luke 15:11-32
Book suggestion:   Who holds the key to your heart? by Lisa TerKeurst

Today’s prayer: 
Dear Lord, thank you that You are just a prayer away.  Help me respect that You died for me and that Your unconditional love is nothing I can earn.  Help me live my life in a way that honors You. Thank you for the power of Your resurrection.  Stir within me the desire to draw close to You and help me to stand strong in my faith and to understand Your Word as you reveal it.  Father please bless anyone who may be reading today who desires to know You more intimately.  Reveal yourself and let them feel your loving presence in a mighty way.
In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

In Christ by grace,
Pam




1 comment:

Laura said...

AWESOME Pam, thank you for such a love letter from our Savior.